Monday, November 12, 2012

My Monday Motivation

Well folks, it's Monday. Per usual, the long-awaited, much-anticipated weekend flew by faster than you can say "TGIF". Instead of bemoaning this dreaded day, however, I've decided to Carpe Diem!

*Disclaimer: I do not know Latin, so if that translates to something like "to to seize the day", or something equally incorrect, I offer my apologies.

Still, they don't call it "a case of the Mondays" for nothing, and us working folks can be dealing with a real slap in the face when that alarm goes off on Monday morning. And typically, I am absolutely one of those folks. Like to the point where hearing the noise my iPhone shouts to wake me up in a different setting still makes me cringe. Or jump. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

But this morning I woke up before my alarm, and peacefully prepared for the day ahead. For those of you who know what a bear I am in the morning, feel free to laugh away, but it's the truth! I woke up feeling relaxed, refreshed, and motivated!

What is Motivating Me this Monday?

I'm going to my first Monday Night Football Game tonight! (Insert nah-nahs here)

I started using the My Fitness Pal app today, and I am already looking at my personal well-being in a different light.

Next week is Thanksgiving! And with Thanksgiving comes a few of my favorite things - short work week, shopping, mashed potatoes, more shopping and the annual Family Football Game. The ladies are completely defeated since the start of the tradition, but I like our odds this year. 

If everything goes according to plan (fingers crossed), I will be heading to my first West Virginia University football game this weekend. Go Mountaineers!

Clearly, I have a lot to get me going this beautiful (for now) Monday!

What is your Motivation this Monday?

SJ

P.S. Need a little bit of laughter for your Monday? Memorize the "Mondays" song in this Will Ferrell SNL gem and sing it to yourself (and your neighbors) all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment