Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet Tooth

On my "big girl" quest to actually learn how to cook, there is yet another road that I have yet to cross - baking. As my friends and family know, and as I am sharing now, I in no way have any sort of sweet tooth (unless you count Diet Coke). I even dislike - hold the gasps please - chocolate. No, I do not know why. It started at a young age, and my waistline has never complained so I'm in no rush to change a thing!
 
I am, however, surrounding by people who love love love sweets, so I decided to give it a go. As a thank you for the hospitality while I was visiting over Homecoming, I decided to bake PG and company Funfetti Cake Pops. Jumping into the deep end? Oh, absolutely. Not only did I have to bake a cake for this feat, but I had to then break it down and turn it into something completely different. Who makes this stuff up, honestly? When did bringing someone a simple cake go out of style? Sigh. But, I decided to give it a go..
 
Ingredients:
  1. 1 box of Funfetti cake mix (or buy regular cake mix and mix in your own sprinkles)
  2. 3 eggs
  3. 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
  4. 1 cup of water
  5. 1 can of frosting
  6. Chocolate to melt down (1 package of chocolate squares should suffice)

Cheated and got a microwaveable cup of chocolate squares made for coating goodies

Recipe:
  • Coat cake pan with grease or cooking spray
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil and water
  • Mix on medium for 2-3 minutes, or until all lumps in the badder are gone
  • Spread evenly in cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on pan size
  • Pull cake out of oven and let it cool
  • Once cool, crumble cake into large mixing bowl
  • Add can of frosting to mixing bowl
  • Mix until the frosting has been spread evenly, and you have a seriously gooey mixture
  • Using a spoon (or by hand) scoop out balls of mixture and place on wax paper
  • Place cake balls in fridge for 30-45 minutes, or in freezer for 5-10 minutes
  • Melt chocolate
  • Using toothpick, dip cake balls into chocolate, covering completely, and set back on wax paper
  • Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened
  • EAT!
Next up - cookies for little CJ (who is now officially a Duck)!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment