Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well, well, well. I guess Mother Nature read my blog post yesterday boasting about all of the wonderful activities that I had planned for this weekend, because (of course) it is a rainy, rainy day today. Waking up this morning, I was furious with myself for, judging by the darkness, being awake before 8am per usual. No, no my friends. It was about 10:30am. Sigh.

Luckily there is this wonderful thing called "College Football" to keep me busy. I guess my "Misc" category - #4 on my list of things to do this weekend - just got bumped up to #1. Productivity on a Saturday? Fine! I do, however, plan to make my Sunday extra lazy just to compensate. Like.. insanely lazy aside from my run.

Television AND laptop? Oh yeah.

Rainy days are like kryptonite for my personality type. Unless I am under the weather (for whatever reason), I need to do something.. even if that something is lazy - going to see a movie, going for a walk, shopping, etc. 

Anyone else dying to see this?

But football (NCAA and NFL) seems to squash this urge. Why? My guess is because there are multiple games, with multiple scores and multiple plot lines that keep even the most rambunctious weekender at bay. 

These days also force me to do my #4 (when I really don't feel like doing it). I suppose I could continue to procrastinate, but, with my luck, tomorrow will be beautiful and then I will be folding laundry in the basement and angrily muttering to myself.. No one wants that.

What do you do to cure your rainy-day blues? Suggestions are appreciated, but they better be good if they're supposed to tear me away from my multi-screen delight.
*Disclaimer: Exercising doesn't count, that's already on my list.*

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment