Friday, August 10, 2012

Settling In

Anyone who has ever moved knows that there is no such thing as an "easy move". Regardless of how much help you get with the move itself (and I was fortunate to have plenty), the task of settling in always seems endless.

Take my latest move, for example. Three-and-some-change months into life in my new apartment and I still find myself looking around and finding things to do, stuff to put away.

Will it ever stop?! Maybe.. if I would stop being so nit-picky.

On the whole, time has just not been kind since I moved in. First, there was the the settling-in period at work which (as most of you know) requires all of your time and energy to make sure you get on-boarded, make a good first impression, and - most importantly - figure out how to get to and from work without getting lost.

Then came what I like to call the "Summer Chaos", when it becomes virtually impossible to get anything done around the house.

Summer Chaos (noun): The few months of the year when there is an endless stream of weddings, vacations, weekend trips and outdoor activities.

And that brings me to today. Every day I stare at a million and one DIY ideas, and decoration, organization and furniture websites and beg for the lightbulb to come on. Here is what I have so far (should I ever partake in any of these tasks, I would imagine that there will be a self-indulgent post proclaiming my victory with millions of pictures of my accomplishment):

What girl doesn't need to combine her boxes, drawers and carrying cases of jewelry into one, easy-to-find (and easy-on-the-eyes) place? A+ in my book.

Blank bedroom walls? Not anymore! Fill up the space with different pieces that match up well with your color scheme.


Tired of the same old picture frames from IKEA? I know I am! Dig up a few vintage frames, grab some ribbon and have at it.

Wondering if I will ever embark on these DIY adventures? Me too, so I guess we will both stay tuned! To keep up with my decorating, food and style to-dos follow me on Pinterest!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment